Registered Nurse - Kaupapa Maori Ward
Whakarongo ake au ki te tangi ā te Mātui. Tuī tuī tuituia.
Whakarongo ake ai, whāia te iti kahurangi, ki te tūohu koe, me maunga teitei
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty seek courageous, passionate, and driven Registered Nurse's to come join our supportive team in the Kaupapa Māori ward based at Tauranga hospital.
This role supports urihaumate (patients) in the Acute Medical ward, with nursing needs, including complex clinical health conditions, implementing kaupapa Māori model of nursing care. If you would like to join a dynamic, fast paced environment well supported in terms of your professional development and wairuatanga then we have several permanent part-time positions we encourage you to apply today stating in your cover letter how many hours per week you wish to be considered for.
He Korero mōu - About You
To be successful in your application:
- Passionate to make a difference for urihaumate and whanau.
- An understanding and readiness to champion for Māori in an acute healthcare setting.
- Kaupapa Māori nursing experience an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a commitment to te reo me ona tikanga.
- Driven to apply Te Āo Māori views, concepts, knowledge, and practices in your work.
- Demonstrates, exudes, and embeds behaviours consistent with He Pou Oranga Tāngata Whenua and the Hauora a Toi Manaakitanga values.
Mō Tatou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
Ko ō tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Flexible working practices (e.g., we support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership and wellbeing support
- Free onsite parking
- Free flu vaccination
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW” ensuring you highlight your skills and experience via your CV and cover letter. For additional information or to arrange a confidential chat contact: email@example.com
Please note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to ensure we move swiftly to interview.
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|