Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. We serve a population of approximately 259,000 for the major population centres of Tauranga, Katikati, Te Puke, Whakatāne, Kawerau and Ōpōtiki. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
An opportunity exists for a General Surgeon with a subspecialty interest in Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) surgery to join the Department of General Surgery at Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand - Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty.
The position is based at Tauranga Hospital with a commitment to supporting services across the Bay of Plenty, including Whakatāne Hospital.
Due to growth we are looking for a Specialist General Surgeon who has a subspeciality interest in HPB surgery to support the current team providing this service. The successful candidate will also participate in the duty surgeon roster, providing acute care Monday – Friday 0800-1700, and will also participate in the afterhours call roster. We are searching for a new team member that is enthusiastic about providing care for all age groups, if this is you, we would like to hear from you – come and join our General Surgery team working in the Bay of Plenty serving a population of 260,000.
He Kōrero mōu - About You
- The successful applicant must hold qualifications that meet the criteria for vocational registration or eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- F.R.A.C.S. Or F.R.C.S. (or equivalent registrable as a Specialist)
- Currently or recently held a similar General Surgeon appointment at consultant or Fellow level
- Evidence of ability to make decisions at consultant level and to manage complex clinical problems
- Excellent leadership skills. Evidence of ability to lead a clinical team at the level of a consultant in a teaching hospital
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Relocation assistance available for overseas applicants
- Flexible working practices (e.g. We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Due to this position having contact with children and Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty's commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks' under the Children's Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your application so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
|Location:||North Island - Bay of Plenty - Tauranga|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Medical Specialist & Fellows - General Surgery|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|