Kaupapa Vaccinating Rōpū - Nēhi Kaupapa Māori
We seek courageous, passionate, and driven individuals who are inspired by Te Tiriti o Waitangi and want to be part of leading a paradigm shift toward Toi Ora within Te Moana a Toi.
Te Pare ō Toi Service is transforming into a ‘Change engine' for Toi Ora as we progress our new strategy, Te Toi Ahorangi Rautaki 2030.
The position is based in Whakatāne with some travel across the Bay of Plenty region.
We are looking for:
- Nēhi Kaupapa Māori, (Registered Nurse), preferably with minimum 2 years' nursing experience to join Te Pare ō Toi, Kaupapa Vaccinating Rōpū
- Authorised Vaccinator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a commitment to te reo me ona tikanga.
- Driven to apply Te Aō Māori views, concepts, knowledge, and practices in your work
- Demonstrates, exudes, and embeds behaviours consistent with He Pou Oranga Tāngata Whenua and the BOPDHB Manaakitanga values.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
- This position is 0.8 FTE, working 64 hours per fortnight on a fixed term until Dec 2022, working as a key member of Kaupapa Vaccinating Rōpū, prioritising vaccination to Māori population
- You will be working in various locations to ensure clinically and culturally safe delivery of vaccine/s
- Support will be provided for continued learning and application of new learnings
- We want to be a Te Reo speaking team.
- Championing and supporting Toi Ora knowledge and competence within the workforce
Apply now, ensuring you highlight your skills and experience via your CV and cover letter.
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At the Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB) we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Bay of Plenty DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
Join our team as we work to create a future where our mokopuna are raised in Mana Atua, Mana Tupuna, Mana Whenua, Mana Moana & Mana Tangata.
All applications must be made online.
|Location:||North Island - Bay of Plenty - Whakatane|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Community / District / Public Health|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|