Consultant Psychiatrist - Addictions
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. We serve a population of approximately 259,000 for the major population centres of Tauranga, Katikati, Te Puke, Whakatāne, Kawerau and Ōpōtiki. The BOPDHB is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Tauranga is New Zealand's fastest growing city and as a result it is time for us to grow our team of Psychiatrists so we can continue to provide a high level of care. We currently have a permanent full-time position available in Addictions Psychiatry.
We are excited to offer:
- A well-established group of peers for you to join.
- General Adult Inpatient and outpatient services, Psychogeriatrics, Consult Liason, Child and Adolescent, Drug and Alcohol and Maternal Mental Health services.
- We are a teaching hospital with Psychiatric Registrars Training through the Upper Central North Island (UCNI) training scheme and 5th and 6th year medical students through the University of Auckland.
- Opportunities for research and teaching roles through our clinical campus and close links with Auckland University.
- Opportunities for involvement in service development and clinical leadership.
He korero mōu - About You
We are seeking someone with:
- Vocationally registered psychiatrist with The Medical Council of NZ or eligible for this.
- Fellowship with the RANZCP or the equivalent is essential.
- A passion for working with those suffering addictions and someone who enjoys teaching and training others in this area.
If you like to work in a team that puts the patient at the centre, and is collaborative, creative and collegial, please consider this your next job.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Relocation assistance package available
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Tauranga is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and wilderness areas all close by. There is outstanding access to wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology and a recent addition is a University of Waikato Campus. Lifestyle options are diverse and you can live 20 mins from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or in the trendy beach area of Mt Maunganui. The Coromandel and Auckland are an easy drive away and there is close enough access to the ski fields in winter.
Click here to learn more about life in Tauranga
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At the Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB) we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW”
For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal. For additional information or to arrange a confidential chat, contact Dr Fiona Miller, Clinical Director Mental Health and Addictions services – Fiona.Miller@bopdhb.govt.nz
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Bay of Plenty DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
All applications must be made online
|Location:||North Island - Bay of Plenty - Tauranga|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Senior Medical Officers, Medical Officers and Fellows - Psychiatry|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|