Registered Health Clinician - CADS
Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) Auckland are the largest Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD) service in New Zealand and provides free community and inpatient AOD treatment from a number of locations across Auckland. We are committed to empowering the community to discover safer use of substances and work within a harm reduction model to promote and support recovery and wellbeing.
We are seeking qualified and preferably experienced professionals (AOD studies, nursing, social work, counselling, psychology, occupational therapy, health promotion, or related fields) who are registered with DAPAANZ or equivalent professional body and are keen for an opportunity to work in a cohesive well supported service as well as further develop AOD expertise. We have a number of roles including working with rangatahi, adults, parents and within our inpatient unit.
We also have opportunities within our Smoke Cessation Service for practitioners. Experience in health promotion would be beneficial, however more important is the ability to learn and develop in this regard, as full training will be provided.
In return, we can offer the opportunity to support whaiora to make a significant changes to their lives. We will provide the support to perform well and gain confidence in the role while you develop your career in the addictions recovery sector.
- A sense of social justice and enjoying working with people in all their complexity is required. You will have a non-judgemental attitude, excellent engagement and communication skills, and an ability to work autonomously within a team. You will also have:
- Full registration with professional body if applicable (e.g. DAPAANZ, nursing, social work, counselling, psychology, occupational therapy)
- Full, clean drivers licence
- Legal right to work in NZ
- Ability to implement Te Tiriti O Waitangi in your daily work
- Knowledge of population health issues and their relation to the individual and whanau
- Experience in working within addictions, mental health, health promotion or similar
- Comfortable working with other health and social service providers
- Lived experience as a consumer or whanau member
- Working for a regional service in the country’s largest AOD service provides more opportunity for professional development and career progression
- 10 days sick leave and 4 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary and paid professional registration as per service collective agreement
- Regular supervision and training
At Te Whatu Ora Waitematā , we are driven by our values “everyone matters,” “with compassion,” “connected” and “better, best, brilliant.” We are committed to living up to these values to give you the right balance of autonomy, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
If you are committed to supporting people in their recovery and have relevant skills and experience please click on the "apply" button or you can also apply for this role by visiting our website on http://www.wdhbcareers.com/ quoting reference number WDHBEOI3.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - North Shore/West Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Alcohol and Drug Counsellor|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|