Social Worker - Fixed Term
Social Worker 0.85 FTE (34 hours per week)
Fixed Term 6 Months
Allied Health Inpatients Waitakere Team
Te Whatu Ora – NZ Health Waitematā DHB
Our team is seeking a Social Worker who wants to make a difference, providing bio-psycho-social assessment and therapeutic social work interventions in adult medical wards across Waitakere Hospital; which includes the Emergency Department (ED), Assessment and Diagnosis Unit (ADU) and includes work on the Emergency Department Saturday & public holiday roster.
The successful candidate will be client-centred in their approach and have excellent counselling skills, including experience working with grief and loss, crisis intervention, complex problem solving and emotional support. They will be effective communicators and key members of a dynamic multidisciplinary team. A minimum of 2 years of previous hospital experience is required.
You will enjoy working within a true learning organisation that encourages your personal career growth and development. We provide regular professional supervision and ongoing support and training opportunities.
You must hold a bachelor of Social Work degree and be registered with the New Zealand SWRB, or equivalent overseas registration and be committed to working towards NZ registration. ANZASW membership is preferred.
We have a lot to offer you:
- A hardworking, supportive yet fun environment
- Regular in-services, support from skilled senior staff, opportunity to access funding for professional development
- Other work perks include: 6 months Free Health cover (must apply within 4 weeks of starting)
- Access to Free 24/7 Gym and free Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts at some great companies via our Waitemata Work Perks network
- share our passion for delivering an excellent service
- are a dynamic clinician seeking new opportunities
- enjoy team work but are also capable of working autonomously
Please click here for position description
Then we want to hear from you and encourage you to apply online now!
For further information please contact Vanessa Imbens, Senior Social Worker on 021 854 294 or Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org or Rachael McEvoy, Allied Health Team Manager on 021 840 735 or Rachael.McEvoy@waitematadhb.govt.nz
For general queries or support with your application please contact Bairavi Thavarasa, Recruitment Consultant, on 09 442 7251
Job Number: WDHB16950
Closing Date: 12 October 2023
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|