Occupational Therapist - Waiatarau
Te Whatu Ora Waitemata
Occupational Therapist, Waiatarau
- Based at Waitakere Hospital
- Permanent, part-time role (0.6FTE)
- Acute Inpatient Unit
Waiatarau is a mental health inpatient unit located on the grounds of Waitakere Hospital. The unit as a whole comprises of 8 intensive care beds and 24 open ward beds. We are committed to the continuing professional development of our team members and are keen to hear from all enthusiastic and innovative occupational therapists that are passionate about mental health and contributing to a sensory environment for clients. You would be joining other supportive Occupational Therapists in the team. This is a permanent full time or part-time position.
- Occupational therapy degree
- NZ registered Occupational Therapist
- Interested in the fields of mental health and vocational rehabilitation
- Knowledge of the principles of mental health consumerism and client advocacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- 12 months experience working in the mental health sector
- Experience of developing services in tandem with mental health consumer groups
For further information about the role please contact Matt Rayment, Charge Nurse Manager- Waiatarau Acute Inpatient Unit on 0274837607. For recruitment enquiries please contact Katherine Shinhama, Recruitment Consultant, on (09) 442 7250.
Please click here for a copy of the position description.
To be considered for this position please apply directly online by visiting our website on http://www.wdhbcareers.com/ or click the "apply now" button on this page.
Position number: WDHB16590
Closing date: 2nd October 2023
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|