Clinical Psychologist 0.2 FTE - Mason Clinic
Te Whatu Ora - Waitemata
- Permanent, Part-time opportunity
- 0.2 FTE (8 hours per week)
- Based in Point Chevalier
The Auckland Regional Forensic Psychiatry Services (ARFPS), also known as the Mason Clinic, is the largest Forensic Mental Health Service in New Zealand. The Mason Clinic is in a period of growth and expansion. With over 220 inpatient beds it is the largest provider of mental health inpatient services on one site in the country.
About the team
Our inpatient services consist of seven forensic mental health inpatient units and an intellectual disability unit that assess, treat and assist in the recovery of people with mental illness who have committed a criminal offence or are at high risk in the community.
The ‘Mason Approach’ advocates for respectful, safe and involving services, delivering recovery and strengths-focused care that is culturally safe, evidence and values based. We have a special commitment and responsibility to Māori under Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Māori tāngata whai i te ora (‘people seeking wellness’) makeup over half the people we serve.
About the role
Providing broad-based assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services, you will deliver clinical and risk assessment and treatment to a culturally diverse group of forensic clients. You will also provide consultation, supervision and training to other Mason Clinic staff and may be involved in the design, delivery and evaluation of group-based treatment programmes.
We are recruiting a part-time Clinical Psychologist for the provision of high-quality care and rehabilitation to adults who come into contact with the criminal justice system. We are interested in hearing from registered Clinical Psychologists who are keen and motivated to practice with patients as well as provide consultation to staff. Training and support are key priorities in developing our workforce.
As a psychologist at Mason Clinic, you will be supported by a broader team of twelve psychologists responsible for psychological assessment, individual and group mode treatments, and consultation.
You will provide a range of psychological assessments and interventions for people with offence histories, as well as provide consultation, supervision and training to other Mason Clinic staff and may be involved in the design, delivery and evaluation of group-based treatment programmes.
- A postgraduate degree in Clinical Psychology (or recognised equivalent).
- Registration with the NZ Psychology Board as a Registered Psychologist with a Clinical Scope of Practice.
- Current Practising Certificate.
- Working for the largest Forensic Mental Health Service provides more opportunities for professional development and career progression.
- Competitive salary and paid professional registration as per the Psychologists’ APEX Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (MECA).
- As well as provision of in-house training and supervision, receive between $2500 to $4500 each per year for continuing professional development depending on levels of experience. This offers the chance to attend overseas conferences (or via remote learning) or multiple workshops, plus books, and subscriptions each year.
- Supported by a professional senior (Principal Psychologist Mason Clinic, ARFPS) and a professional advisor (Professional and Clinical Lead Psychology and Psychotherapy) within Te Whātu Ora, Waitematā region.
To be considered for this role please apply directly online by clicking the 'apply now' button on this page or visit our website at www.wdhbcareers.com quoting reference number WDHB15927.
To view a Position Description please click here.
If you would like to know more about the role, please call Dr. Michael Easden, Principal Psychologist on 09 815 5164 ext. 45534 / email@example.com or Malcolm Abel, Charge Nurse Manager for Totara Unit on 021 651 177.
For more information about the recruitment process please e-mail our Recruitment Consultant, Katherine Shinhama at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5 December 2023
Position Number: WDHB15927
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|