Registered Nurse - Psychiatric Liaison - Waitakere Hospital
- Full time and Part-time positions available
- Fully Rostered Shifts
- Waitakere Hospital
Waitemata District Health Board serves the communities of North and West Auckland and the Rodney District, a population of over 600,000. Dedicated to the delivery of public health care, Waitemata DHB is committed to “best care for everyone” - to the patient, their family/whanau, the community and iwi, and the healthcare workforce.
Our Liaison Psychiatry Service is seeking a Mental Health nurse to provide assessment, triage and management of mental health presentations to the Waitakere Hospital . We will welcome applications for full-time positions.
This position sits within an experienced, dynamic, supportive, multi-disciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with service users and their family/whanau, providing focused assessments and interventions to the target consumer groups. A key component of this role is to triage and assess consumers of all ages with mental health related issues in a timely manner.
We are looking to recruit a Registered Nurse with:
- Registration as a Psychiatric Nurse or Comprehensive Nurse holding a current Practicing Certificate
- Have a Post Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Mental Health Nursing, or have evidence of an on-going commitment to continuing education
- 3 years Post Registration with relevant Mental Health Nursing experience
- Experience in the use of recognised therapeutic models and intervention strategies
- Highly competent in risk assessment and formulation of risk .
- Current driver’s license
- Excellent skills for communicating with service users, family/whanau, team members and other agencies
- Skills in assessment, treatment, safety planning and prioritising of work on a daily basis
- The ability to work autonomously while embracing a team approach
Click here to download the Job Description.
To be considered for this position please apply directly online by clicking on the “apply now” button on this page.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Karen Sayer, Team Manager on 09 486 8920 and for recruitment enquiries please contact Anna Tiaiho - Recruitment Consultant on 09 442 7248.
Closing: 14th June 2023
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|