General Medicine, North Shore Hospital Ward 11 (Covid Nursing)
- Are you a Registered Nurse?
- Wanting to make a difference during these COVID-19 times?
- Part time and full-time roles available
- Monday to Sunday fully rostered Shifts
If you are looking for a new challenge this may be the role for you.
Ward 11 is North Shore Hospital’s newly renovated 16-21 bed covid ward
At Waitematā DHB we each make an essential contribution so we can deliver the best care to every patient/client using our services. Our new COVID-19 ward is no exception. Knowing the special commitment required for this line of care we are fully committed to ensuring our nurses receive all necessary support and guidance to help them thrive in their careers.
Working in a friendly and supportive team (you know what they say about us Kiwis!), our Ward 11 nurses are supported to succeed. A nursing career with us will place you at the forefront of COVID-19 nursing care knowledge. Together, with your help, we will show the way by continual improvement of our practice in this field. Robust protocols and methodologies incorporating internationally accepted audit tools to keep our people safe - such as Meg - are a staple for our practice.
WDHB is also a teaching facility with a highly respected research programme, we’re strongly committed to growing and training the future health workforce to meet the needs of our community.
Right now, we’re in an exciting period of growth and we’re looking for exceptional Nurses to join us. We are building a new four-story, state-of the-art hospital due for completion in 2023.
What we'll need from you:
- Nurse registration and a current Annual Practising Certificate from the New Zealand Nursing Council
- At least 12 months experience in Acute Nursing
- Excellent communication skills with a strong command in English, both verbal and written
- High level of confidence and adaptability
- Commitment to teamwork and clinical excellence
- Working knowledge of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Flexibility to work across full roster of shifts, 24x7
- Ability to undertake full time, part time or fixed term roles
What we offer:
- A personalised orientation programme when you join
- A supportive work environment
- We are an accredited employer with Immigration New Zealand, and we have an onsite licenced Global Mobility Consultant
- We will support you with your visa application
- Safe staffing levels
- Doctors who value skilled nursing staff
- In-House Career Development Service
- Free Employment Assistance Programme
- On-going professional development - certification and workplace training
- Free Flu and COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Free 24/7 Gym
- Children’s creche onsite
- Special little perks to make your workday a little bit special.
Please register your interest on our website at www.wdhbcareers.com quoting reference number RNCOV11 and leave the rest to us!
For a copy of the Registered Nurse Position Description click here
Reference number: RNCOV11
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - North Shore/West Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - General Medical|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|