Registered Nurse, Orthopaedic and Spinal Theatre, Starship Child Health
Orthopaedic and Spinal Theatre Nurses, Paediatric Operating Rooms, Starship Child Health
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Full time and part time roles
- Great professional development opportunity!
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for experienced perioperative Registered Nurses who have an interest in orthopaedics and want to be part of a team providing perioperative care for complex paediatric spinal patients. We have Permanent full time or part time vacancies available in our paediatric operating theatres at Starship Children's Hospital. Complete an orientation within our operating room unit then specialise in Orthopaedics and Spine surgery.
Our Paediatric Operating Theatres at Starship Child Health provides Acute Emergency Trauma and Elective Surgical procedures in the paediatric specialties of General, Complex Neonatal, Thoracic, Urology, Endoscopy, Oncology, ORL, Head and Neck, Dental, Spinal, Orthopaedics, and Plastics.
We are committed to delivering Whanau-centred care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whanau as an important member of the care team. We seek to lead New Zealand in paediatric service delivery, in the provision of pre and postgraduate nursing education, and through the building or our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
For further information about the position please contact the OR Manager, Ngaire Murray 0211951993 or email@example.com
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- be a registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council.
- Perioperative Nursing experience
- have a strong commitment to quality perioperative care
- be capable of working within a multi –disciplinary Theatre team.
- have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for paediatric perioperative nursing
- have a positive attitude, an innovative and adaptable approach to practice
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s National Health Service. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Te Toka Tumai Auckland and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Auckland City Hospital is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital, which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- A structured process of performance evaluation
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting OR2023ORTHO to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|