Junior Biomedical Equipment Technician - Clinical Engineering
- Work at New Zealand's leading public hospital
- Opportunity to grow both as a person and as a technician while working with a friendly team
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. We are also an Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ (Please visit Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa for more information if you will be needing a Work Visa)
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Clinical Engineering Service (CE) at Te Toka Tumai is responsible for the management and maintenance of clinical equipment for our hospitals. We are the first point of call for any issues with medical devices within Te Toka Tumai.
We are inviting applications from candidates who have an interest in medical electronics to become a Junior Biomedical Engineering Technician (BMET). If you are a trained BMET or already have experience in this field, we would love to hear from you as well
As a member of the Clinical Engineering team, you will promote safe, high quality and effective Clinical Engineering services and support the organisation by ensuring that medical devices are fit for purpose and they are maintained accordingly to the appropriate standards.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday.
The position is primarily based at Auckland City Hospital, with occasional travel to other local centres.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be flexible and work well in a team
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritize tasks to work in a fast paced environment
- Accuracy is essential for data entry into Asset Management Database
- High integrity combined with energy and drive and a positive “ can-do” attitude
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Customer focussed and the ability to build and maintain positive relations
- A good level of physical fitness
- Prior experience in repair and maintenance of medical devices will be preferred
- University Degree is preferred; although a Diploma or Certificate in mechanical, electronics, or electrical engineering will be equally regarded
Desired but not essential skills are:
- Experience in Hospital or Healthcare environments
- EWR Electrical Appliance Serviceperson registration
- Preventative maintenance checks and breakdown maintenance within a manufacturing environment
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please Aaron Chamberlain - Recruitment Consultant at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz or Phone number to discuss how we can best support your application.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
Clinical - Technical -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|