District Nurse - Community Nursing - Multiple Opportunities Available
- Fixed-Term and Permanent opportunities available
- Be a key player in our goal of "lifting the health of the people of Auckland"
District Nurses at Auckland DHB enjoy a varied and autonomous role in the provision of care closer to home, within a multidisciplinary locality-based team.
Come ride the wave of primary care expansion over the next decade, which will include the provision of more care in the patient’s home supported by IT and care technologies, and where you will be a leader of care in the home.
The service involves a patient-centric, holistic approach in:
- Specialised wound care, including leg ulcer assessment and treatment.
- Assistance with the management of intravenous medication, urinary and suprapubic catheters, continence issues, stoma care and injections, including rheumatic fever prophylaxis.
- ACC nursing care.
- Education and advice for clients around their healthcare needs or illness.
- And a wide variety of other nursing needs including palliative care.
You must be registered with the New Zealand Nursing Council with a current APC and have a full and clean New Zealand driver’s licence.
We will provide a thorough orientation as well as good support and training to give you the confidence to carry out your role.
The nurse-led service operates Monday to Sunday 7.30am until 4:00pm, and is based either at Greenlane Clinical Centre or Point Chevalier and Glen Innes.This role requires you work rostered shifts.
For assistance with your application, please contact Pieter Erasmus, Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com and quote ID GRE00281.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Community / District / Public Health|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|