Medication Safety Specialist Pharmacist (Full Time, Fixed Term) Pharmacy Service
Full Time, Fixed Term until August 2024
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 9 $87,192 - 15 $111,757)
- Flexible Work Arrangements + EAP + Regular Hours
- Paid Study Leave & Financial Support for External Courses
- Team Environment + Multicultural Setting + Agile Work Style
Te Whatu Ora - Counties Manukau District is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery. It is this diversity that offers unique opportunities for health professionals on both a personal and professional level. We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
Gain valuable real-life experience & insights through the role of Medication Safety Specialist Pharmacist. We are seeking an experienced pharmacist to join our multidisciplinary Medication Safety Service based at Middlemore Hospital, to lead medication safety and quality initiatives. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop leadership, problem-solving, change management and quality improvement skills, while supporting the medication safety strategy.
As a Medication Safety Specialist Pharmacist, you will take on a leadership role in developing and delivering initiatives to reduce the risk of preventable harm caused by medicines use. You will also be responsible for promoting and driving a positive safety culture and be involved with all aspects of medication safety education and training for health professionals across Counties Manukau District. It is an expectation that the Medication Safety Specialist Pharmacist contributes to effective partnerships by bringing excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a history of excellent relationship building abilities, quality improvement knowledge, personal integrity, team ethic and the ability to lead and implement change.
Medication safety initiatives include:
- eMedicine management programmes – ePrescribing (MedChart), Pyxis, Guardrails
- High risk medication management
- Medication error and incident trend analysis
We are looking for a pharmacist who is/has:
- A New Zealand registered pharmacist with at least 5 years of clinical experience
- Passionate about improving systems to reduce the risk of preventable harm from medicines use.
- Experience in clinical change and project management
- Excellent clinical leadership capability with a keen interest and experience in quality improvement
- Enthusiastic and able to lead self, people and teams
- Refund of annual practising certificate
- Train stops at our front door
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
- Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com. To view the job description, please click here.
For more information, please contact Amy Lin on Amy.Lin@middlemore.co.nz.
Job Number: CMH202311935
Applications Close: 29 September 2023
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|