Consultant Consultation Liaison Psychiatrist (0.7 FTE)
- 6 months sabbatical cover commencing 31 July 2023
- 28 hours per week (0.7FTE) position
- Work in a friendly and collaborative team environment
The Liaison Psychiatry Team, based at Middlemore Hospital (as part of the Psychological Medicine service), provides expert mental health assessment and treatment to patients and their whaanau within the inpatient general hospital setting, with a focus on provision of service to adults and older adults, and recognition that provision of service to children and young persons up to the age of 18 may be required at times.
You will work in collaboration with patients, whaanau and other members of the multidisciplinary teams in providing expert mental health assessment, advice and management for patients, as well as other health care professionals, within the general hospital setting. This includes assessment and treatment of persons experiencing distress or dysfunction associated with physical, behavioural, social, emotional, nervous and mental disorders, with a view to promoting satisfaction, adaptation, rehabilitation, reintegration with community and health. They will work in collaboration with Specialists, General Practitioners and other health professionals to best meet the mental health and emotional needs of specialist health service users.
It is expected that you will provide services in accordance with designated standards of practice, and with a commitment to the principles of the Te Tiriti O Waitangi. Routine work requirements for all Specialist Psychiatrists include the following broad areas of activity:
- Clinical practice
- Clinical leadership
- Service development
- Statutory Obligations
- Professional development
The person in this position is required to work in close collaboration with the Clinical Heads and Service Manager for Psychological Medicine and the other Senior Medical Officers with the service. This working relationship is in alignment with the principles of Clinical Governance and is designed to demonstrate the integration of clinical and management leadership in order to achieve the service aims. There is a requirement to uphold and demonstrate the Counties Manukau’s Strategic Goal and Shared Values.
- Must be eligible to register or registered in the Vocational scope of Psychiatry (or registration with special purpose - locum tenens) with the Medical Council of New Zealand (eligibility for registration can be checked via this link https://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/registration-self-assessment-tool
- Current Annual Practising Certificate with the MCNZ
Preferred experience includes:
- Liaison Psychiatry experience and/or Advanced Training Certificate in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- Older-Age Psychiatry experience and/or Advanced Training Certificate in Psychiatry of Old Age
- Minimum 3 years recent clinical experience preferred
- Confidence working in culturally diverse settings
Please click here for the position description.
Relocation assistance will be provided to cover the cost for airfare, temporary accommodation, freight, rental car and airport transfer in Auckland if you are moving from overseas (conditions apply).
Please contact Dr Jackie Liggins Consultant Psychiatrist on +64 21 741 157 for more information.
To submit your application, please click on the link provided in this job advert or visit Counites Manukau Careers website and enter job number CMH202310695.
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19.
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|