Social Worker (Full Time) Tiaho Mai, Inpatient Mental Health, Te Whatu Ora
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 1 $58,513 – 8 $85,204)
We are seeking a Social Worker for our modern adult inpatient mental health unit, Tiaho Mai, at Middlemore Hospital.
Following a transformative re-build incorporating latest technology and co-designed with our whaiora and wider community, Tiaho Mai is the newest inpatient mental health unit in the country.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a genuine commitment to the people who we serve, within the diverse and culturally rich community of Counties Manukau District. Our candidate will demonstrate, excellent communication skills, be highly organised, and possess honesty, integrity and professionalism. You will need to have the ability to promote teamwork and to support our whaiora in their recovery journey by promoting, and having a genuine focus on equitable health systems and outcomes.
Our new building maximises natural light and has an inner garden, courtyards and extensive therapeutic areas. Your work here within our team of 4 Social Workers, requires flexibility and a nimble approach to supporting our whaiora in a busy and time-pressured environment. You will be part of the multi-disciplinary team, working collaboratively with medical specialists, nurses and other allied health experts. Together, we aim to provide excellent care and outcomes for our whaiora on their recovery journey.
This is a great opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives of people in the Counties Manukau District area while developing your own personal and professional practice.
- NZ Registered Social Worker
- Current Annual Practising Certificate
- Experience working in a mental health environment as a Social Worker
- Experience with psychosocial assessment, mental state assessment, assessment and management of risk, problem solving and care planning tools
- Full, clean driver’s licence
- Role model and excellent in communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about working with Maori & Pacifica to ensure access to services, working collaboratively with client and their whanau to support outcomes
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Access to Ko Awatea, an onsite learning institute which attracts both National and International speakers and trainers
- Annual practicing certificate is refunded for every additional year of service
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
- Train stops right outside our front door!
If you believe that you are an excellent fit for our team and is an experienced Social Worker with extensive knowledge of social work interventions and the application of these within an acute Inpatient, we welcome your application.
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com
To review the position description please click here. For more information on this role, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 2760044 ext 58680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CMH20229098
Applications Close: 16 December 2022
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - South & East Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Social Worker|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|