Health Psychologist (Part Time, Fixed Term) Diabetes & Renal Service, Middlemore Hospital
Fixed Term until July 2023
Part Time 0.7 FTE
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines
The Diabetes and Renal Services are seeking an experienced Health Psychologist to join their innovative team. This will also include working in the Diabetes in Pregnancy clinic as part of a pilot project (the first in Aotearoa).
The Service is based at Middlemore Hospital with outpatient care delivered across multiple satellite sites in the Counties Manukau area. This role involves providing psychological assessment and treatment services for patients attending these satellite sites and may involve inpatient work.
Assessments undertaken by health psychologists provide an understanding of the person and their difficulties from a broad bio-psycho-social and developmental perspective and include the use of detailed psychological, cognitive and behavioural assessment interviews, and the use of standardised assessments tools.
Interventions commonly used, include individual therapy (often with a strong CBT and/or ACT focus), therapeutic groups, family therapy, psychoeducational groups, behaviour management, and case consultation.
Previous clinical experience in a healthcare setting would be an advantage. As this role will potentially involve working with adolescents, experience in working with this population group would also be ideal.
- Eligible to register or registered with the NZ Psychologists Board
- Current Annual Practising Certificate with the NZ Psychologists Board
- Full, clean driver’s licence
What's in it for you?
- Work at the largest organisation in South Auckland
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment across CM Health
- Access to Ko Awatea, an onsite learning institute which attracts both National and International speakers and trainers
- Annual practicing certificate is refunded for every additional year of service
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Now”.
If you have questions about this role, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 2760044 ext 58680 or via email email@example.com.
Applications Close: 04 July 2022
Job Number: CMH20228189
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - South & East Auckland|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Psychologist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|