Experienced Occupational Therapist (Full Time) Acute Allied Health, Middlemore Hospital
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines
About Counties Manukau Health:
Counties Manukau Health (CM Health) provides health and disability services to over 500,000 people in our local community. We are focused on achieving better health outcomes for our growing patient population, with particular emphasis on Maaori and Pacific peoples and other communities with health disparities.
We are looking for a registered Occupational Therapist with more than three years recent experience to join our very large team of Occupational Therapists. You will be able to work in a stimulating full time role within the acute service and may work in any of our specialist medical, surgical or orthopaedic services.
The successful applicant will have evidence of previous employment as an occupational therapist in an acute neurological, medical, surgical, orthopaedic or rehabilitation service. Proven ability to pro-actively manage a fast paced and dynamic work load is required.
In this role we are required to address the occupational needs of our clients during their acute hospital admission and assist with preparation for discharge from hospital to home or other rehabilitation or community services. It includes modelling best practice and actively promoting the occupational therapy role with the inter-professional team.
In addition we require the applicant to have experience and be eligible to provide supervision to occupational therapists, rehabilitation assistants and occupational therapy students. Other responsibilities include leading and participating in quality and service improvements as required and with consultation.
We offer funding for professional development opportunities; including the opportunity, where appropriate, to take part in CMDHB exciting quality improvement and clinical leadership initiatives. In addition you will have regular supervision and support to continue to develop your knowledge and skills.
- Registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand with current APC
- Diploma of Occupational Therapy, or Bachelor of Health Science (Occupational Therapy),or overseas equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience.
- Supervisory experience with students and staff
- Full New Zealand drivers licence
What's in it for you?
- Work at the largest organisation in South Auckland
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment across CM Health
- This role is Monday to Friday based at Middlemore Hospital and the train stops outside our front door!
- Educational hours and annual funding towards external conferences and other trainings, with access to additional funds to cover unmet cost with consultation
- Access to Ko Awatea, an onsite learning institute which attracts both National and International speakers and trainers.
- Frequent Supervision by skilled therapists
- Annual practicing certificate is refunded for every additional year of service
Please apply online by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or email@example.com if you need further information.
Job Number: CMH20227745
Applications Close: 29 June 2022
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - South & East Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Occupational Therapist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|