Registered Midwife (Full/Part-Time) Birthing and Assessment Unit, Te Whatu Ora
- Permanent Full Time & Part Time roles available!
- Returning to Practice? We will be able to assist with this!
A wealth of midwifery skills and experience is offered at Middlemore Hospital, Birthing and Assessment unit.
Te Whatu Ora Counties Manukau is the largest provider of maternity care in New Zealand. The Counties Manukau region, in Auckland has a diverse population of many cultures. With one of the highest birth rates in the country, an average of 19 births a day and up to 7200 per year, 6500 in Birthing and Assessment. Midwifery work is both interesting and challenging and you’ll receive a wealth of hands-on birthing experience!
We are looking for Midwives to join the team in Birthing and Assessment.
Your duties will involve caring for women both primary and secondary care from 20 weeks gestation with both Birthing and acute Antenatal Assessments.
There is also the opportunity to work on the Maternity Floor with antenatal and postnatal women, to keep up a full scope of practice.
What you are offered:
- Paid APC registration!
- Further education/learning opportunities- we 'll pay for you to go through your learning modules!
- A variety of shift work – work to suit your lifestyle!
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- Full orientation and extra educational support
- A relocation allowance for anyone wanting to relocate to Auckland (conditions apply)
- New Zealand Registered midwife
- Current Practicing certificate
- 1-2 years post registration relevant experience (an advantage but not essential)
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team (desirable)
To view a copy of the JD click here
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online or for more information please contact Juliette Wotton, Midwife Manager on 021 286 1814 or Fran Upoko in the Recruitment Centre on (09) 276 0044 ext 53449
Job Number: CMH07134
At Counties Manukau Health people and their lives matter to us. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our community. To help us achieve this we need a workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds who share our values and have a passion to work in our community and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Maaori and Pacific communities. We are also committed to our Disability Strategy, which focuses on people with disabilities; they are our patients, whaanau, community and our staff - all carefully considered in our action plan. Together we will improve the accessibility needs for everyone who has a disability. Our values are Valuing Everyone- Whakawhanaungatanga , Kind –Manaakitanga, Together –Kotahitanga, Excellent- Rangatiratanga. If these are your values too, then join us today.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - South & East Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Midwifery - Hospital Setting|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|