Clinical Psychologist (Full Time) Child Development Team, Te Whatu Ora
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines
• Flexible working, including working from home
• Commitment to professional development
• Supportive team environment
We are seeking a skilled Clinical Psychologist to join our team to provide specialist clinical psychology assessment and support for children and young people with complex neurodevelopmental disabilities or developmental delays, under the care of the outpatient team based at Kidz First Ambulatory Paediatrics.
This role will involve working both autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team, completing cognitive and applied neuropsychological assessments for children presenting with possible neurodevelopmental or behavioural conditions where the assessment will contribute significantly to the clarification of diagnosis and clinical care of the child. It will also contribute to recommendations and planning for the future and help with access to Carer Support, NASC and DSS funded supports and services for children already under our care. Assessment work will include written report with recommendations and feedback to family/ whanau, child or young person, and schools and support agencies as appropriate.
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in Psychology with Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology, or overseas equivalent
- Registration as a Psychologist with a Clinical Scope of practice with the NZ Psychology Board
- Minimum of 12 months practical experience in clinical Psychology in an appropriate child focussed team
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Previous experience within a paediatric hospital or community child health/child development/child mental health setting
If you are passionate about children and their families, enjoy working as part of a team and have a demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse families then we want to hear from you.
Please apply online by clicking on the ”Apply Now” button.
To review the position description please click here. If you have further questions, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre at 092760044 ext 58680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Number: CMH07112
Applications Close: 12 October 2022
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - South & East Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Psychologist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|