Caseloading Midwife - Te Manawa o Hine Team
E hara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari he toa takitini
The effort of a team’s success acknowledges the contribution and support of others.
• Nau mai ki Te Manawa o Hine, join us on our haerenga/journey in creating a better future as we embrace achieving equity for whānau Māori
• If you are concerned about health inequities for Māori and keen on making a difference to outcomes, we want to hear from you!
• If you are non-Māori and equity driven and able to embrace and work within a Te Ao Māori world view, we would love for you be a part of our team.
• Join us in our contribution as Aotearoa transforms the way health is delivered. Be part of the solution and the ‘bigger picture’!
Mō tō mātou rōpū | About our Team
Te Manawa o Hine are like whānau. We are a midwifery service that embrace Te Ao Māori, working towards improving outcomes for whānau as we work through the lens of equity. Aroha is the cornerstone of our mahi as we advocate for whānau to navigate through the most precious moments in preparing for the arrival of pēpi.
You can truly be yourself with us, feel grounded, have a sense of belonging and a voice as we value your midwifery expertise and experience. We will awhi you so you can support our hapu whānau by providing you all the ‘tools of the trade’ you need. We are part of the ‘big machine’ who manaaki the team as they too understand the important mahi we do.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Our overarching goal is to reduce inequities, eliminate barriers to engagement, by enabling whānau Tino Rangatiratanga, Ōritetanga and Mana Motuhake as a true commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
To continue our important mahi the Case-loading Midwife will support and awhi our new graduates within a tuākana teina model as the new graduate develops her midwifery practice and philosophy, whilst providing continuity of midwifery cares for whānau Māori living within the Auckland central region of Ngāti Whātua.
You can either remain as a community LMC willing to support Te Manawa o Hine’s roster and kaupapa, OR become a Te Toka Tumai staff member. We welcome the flexibility while supporting your practice preference.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
For this role, we are looking for the following:
• Registered midwife with current APC and willingness to work an on-call roster
• A genuine desire to improve equity for whānau by eliminating barriers and bias that prevent whānau Māori engaging with Maternity services
• A well-rounded midwifery experiences an advantage in order to support new graduate midwives in a Tuakana / Teina model
• Computer literate particularly navigating Regional Clinical Portal and Badgernet is ideal but not imperative as training can be provided
• Knowledgeable in working with and implementing Turanga Kaupapa in practice while embracing the kaupapa of Te Manawa o Hine, using organisational policies to guide care plans
We are open to having a kōrero and flexible around working arrangements. If we have piqued your interest and have any questions and want to be part of a transformative service for whānau māori, please contact Judyth Hilton - Kaiwhakahaere / Charge Midwife on 021941539 or email Judythh@adhb.govt.nz .
He aha ō painga ki tēnei mahi | Why you will enjoy working here
In return for your contribution, you will join our rōpu that values the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences that we all uniquely bring and are an advocate for supporting hauora | well-being. In addition:
• Full support for your career growth and progression inclusive of attending Ngā Manukura o Āpopo and /or post graduate education.
• Professional ongoing development and training including any equipment and expense you will need to do your mahi
• Kāhui Hononga Rōpu - Wider Māori Kaimahi network and support
• Access to Te Reo Māori class
• Relocation support to move to Tāmaki Makaurau
• A flexible approach to support your work-life balance
• Employee Assistance Programme - Confidential support year-round
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Apply below or visit our website http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ using job reference number AUC18103. Attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter:
If you need help with online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna, Recruitment Consultant at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz.
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached