Starship Foundation Medical, Surgical & Te Puaruruhau (Child Protection) Fellowships
These one year Starship–based Medical & Surgical Fellowships are for advanced trainees in any specialty in Starship Child Health (e.g. medicine, surgery, anaesthesia, or psychiatry), and are designed to assist clinicians in developing both research and innovation skills and clinical knowledge in an area of their choice.
The Fellowships are available from February 2024 for one year.
The Fellowship positions consist of both supervised clinical activity (50%) and research or innovation activity (50%). In consultation with a nominated supervisor applicants must submit:
- A curriculum vitae, which includes an update on your advanced training project
- Statement of support from your proposed project supervisor and Service Clinical Director, including their plan for supervision and how the division of time between clinical and research will be managed
- An outline (maximum 2 pages) of the proposed clinical activity, including goals and details of how the time will be spent/goals achieved.
- An outline (maximum 5 pages, excluding bibliography) of the proposed research or innovation project which should include: background, aims/hypotheses, methods, ethics, time frame and outcome (i.e. publishing/presenting plans). Include a statement on the career benefit this fellowship will have.
- The name, address and phone number of two referees, one of whom can be your supervisor.
Selection will involve an interview and a 10 minute presentation of the proposed research or innovation project.
Selection will be based on the quality of the application, expected contribution of research or innovation to New Zealand children and young people, and the potential impact of the individual’s career development on national child health.
Please note: These fellowship positions are not part of the clinical service rosters.
Advice regarding research funding/grant applications can be sought from:
Research and Innovation Practitioner
Starship Child Health
Advice regarding applications can be sought from:
Starship Child Health
Phone 021 195 2790
The application for the job is made The application for the job is made by clicking below on "Apply now".
Application closing date: 7 May 2023
The Fellowship Programme is a joint initiative between
Starship Foundation and Starship Child Health
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Senior Medical Officers, Medical Officers and Fellows - Infectious Diseases|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|