Orderly - Auckland DHB
- Deliver high levels of day-to-day customer service within the hospital by transporting patients and moving non-patient related items around our various sites
- Make a meaningful difference in the care of our patients, their whanau and visitors
- Take advantage of many benefits and discounts, plus a MECA aligned hourly rate
- Monday to Sunday, fully rostered position over a 24/7 service
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Te Toka Tumai is looking for customer focused professionals to assist day-to-day operations of the hospital by delivering high levels of customer service by transporting patients and moving non-patient related items around ADHB hospital sites.
In this role, you will support patient care by moving patients (including high-risk patients) and items around the hospital at the right time to the right place in a courteous and well-presented manner.
On average, the Orderly team complete more than 20,000 tasks every month across Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children's Hospital and the Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful for the role, you will:
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- Be physically fit - you will be completing up to 20,000 steps per day
- Work well under pressure in a complex healthcare facility
- A valid NZ full drivers licence and have truck driving experience however not essential
- Have prior experience in a customer facing industry
- Be self-driven, passionate and have the desire to make a difference to health of our community
- Be able to understand and embed Auckland DHB values
In addition to the above, you will need to provide evidence of valid New Zealand working rights. This role is only suitable to those residing in New Zealand, who hold New Zealand/Australian citizenship, residency or a valid, open work visa. We cannot provide immigration support for this role.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please Aaron Chamberlain - Recruitment Consultant at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz to discuss how we can best support your application.
North Island - Auckland -
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Orderly Services - Orderly Services|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|