Casual Mental Health Assistants
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Temporary Staffing Bureau team are looking for certified Mental Health Assistants or 2nd/3rd year nursing students who have completed mental health clinical placements to join our supportive and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team.
This is an opportunity for you to contribute to the delivery of high quality service whilst receiving the full support from the highly experienced clinical staff.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Have completed NZQA Level 4 certificate in Mental Health Support Work or be a 2nd or 3rd year NZ student nurse who has completed a mental health clinical placement (overseas qualification is not accepted)
- Have prior experience within a mental health setting
- Have a current CPR certificate and SPEC training including SPINS/PSCS or similar
- Able to demonstrate excellent people skills and communication skills including the ability to relate to people of differing age groups and cultural backgrounds
- Be able to develop positive working relationships with patients and treat them respectfully
- Be realiable and able to complete at least two shifts per month
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
- Professional development opportunity
- Flexibility to work around your own availability
- Supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged and people are valued
- Competitive hourly rate + 8% holiday pay
- Free or subsidised gym memberships
- Discounts at national retailers
This is a casual position working on 'as and when' required basis with no guaranteed hours
If you're an existing employee within ADHB Mental Health services and wanting to work additional hours, please talk to your manager as you may be eligible to work overtime without joining Bureau.
Click here to view the position description
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Due to the mandatory statutory declaration and pre-screening questions, please submit an online application with your latest CV. If you have difficulty submitting an online application please contact Candida Hall Recruitment coordinator CandidaH@adhb.govt.nz
(If you are a student nurse, please make sure your CV clearly states the clinical placements you have completed, the length of time and where these placement occured. Please also provide references from at least 2 clinical placements. CVs without this information will NOT be accepted)
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Bureau|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|