Social Worker-Te Puaruruhau, Starship Child Health
- Would you like to make a positive and purposeful impact on tamariki and their whānau?
- Are you interested in supporting transformational change in a dynamic, innovative and challenging clinical context?
- Are you a registered social worker with child protection and family violence practice experience?
You will work in a team of passionate and skilled social workers in a changing time for health in Aotearoa.
- A competitive salary
- Access to professional development budget
- Partner benefits and discounts
- Free Te Reo classes
Starship Social Work in Child Health, ADHB has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced social worker to work alongside children and their families in a health environment and become part of the dedicated social work team at Starship Children’s Health and at Te Puaruruhau.
We are seeking a full-time Social Worker to work in the ADHB child protection team (Te Puaruruhau). This is an exciting opportunity to practice in an innovative way within an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team.
Te Puaruruhau is an internationally-recognised centre of excellence in child protection practice. We are part of Starship Child Health, co-located in a multi-agency centre ( Puawaitahi) with the ADHB Violence Intervention Programme, Shine, “Power to Protect” (the National Shaken Baby Prevention Program), the Auckland City Police Child Protection Team and the Clinical Services Unit of Oranga Tamariki. We provide a unique service addressing the child protection needs of New Zealand’s most vulnerable children and young people and their families.
The successful applicant will assist in the provision of a comprehensive range of health-based services, including acute inpatient and outpatient psycho-social assessments for children and young people from 0 to 18 years, services to children and young people in care, participation in Family Group Conferences, peer review, teaching, quality-improvement and research.
Services will be provided as part of a dynamic, experienced and highly supportive multi-disciplinary team, and as part of the ADHB paediatric Social Work Team, you will be provided supervision, professional oversight and development opportunities.
The successful applicant will need to be registered with the Social Work Registration Board and hold a current APC with no conditions. Services are provided from Monday to Friday and an on-call weekend service is a critical part of overall service delivery.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate
- The capacity to initiate, support and contribute to enhanced service delivery, including the capacity to ‘think outside the box’ in order to solve complex problems
- Experience in child protection & family violence work is essential, experience within a health environment is preferable or an ability to adapt well to new working environments
- Experience of grief and loss work
- Awareness and capacity to work effectively with multiple ethnicities and cultures
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- You will have a Social Work qualification recognised by the Social Work Registration Board in New Zealand
- SWRB registration and a current APC
If you are an experienced Social Worker with expertise in multidisciplinary and multiagency working this role may provide you with the clinical development opportunity you have been looking for.
If you need more information about the position, contact Honey Pillai, Recruitment Consultant at HPillai@adhb.govt.nz
To submit application, click on the Apply button below or visit http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/.
Applications close: 30 June
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit http://www.kiwihealthjobs.com/
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Social Worker|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|