Registered Nurse - Motutapu Ward, Cancer and Blood Service, Auckland City Hospital
Nau mai, haere mai ki Auckland DHB!
- Be part of New Zealand’s largest hospital and the Regional Cancer and Blood service
- Provide active and supportive Haematology care to patients within the Northern Region Catchment Area
- Permanent (full time or part time) and fixed term positions available
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Bring your care and commitment to our teams striving to provide world class care to people with a Haematological diagnosis. If you have recent acute nursing experience, a passion to deliver high quality patient care and excellent communication skills, we would love to hear from you.
As a Registered Nurse in Motutapu Ward, you will be working with patients from a large catchment area and who represent the full breadth of malignant and non-malignant Haematological disorders such as Acute Leukaemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma. Some of the skills you would gain include chemotherapy administration and managing haematologically complex patients. You will also have the opportunity to gain experience in nursing care of bone marrow transplantation and many other clinical assessment skills.
As a member of our team we will provide you with:
- An opportunity to be part of a comprehensive healthcare team which provides holistic care
- A focused, personalised orientation
- Regular education sessions
- A friendly supportive team environment
- Experience in caring for all types of speciality patients
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Have a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Haematology/Oncology experience is preferred but not essential.
For more information about this role please contact Helen McIlwraith, Charge Nurse via HelenMcI@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Reshma Amin, Recruitment Consultant via ReshmaA@adhb.govt.nz or 021 574 042 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Oncology|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|