Casual Registered Nurses (Adult Nursing)
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
If you are a Registered Nurse (Adult Nursing) looking to work on a casual basis to fit around your family, study commitments or your lifestyle, this could be your opportunity to join our Temporary Staffing Bureau team.
The Bureau employs over 400 casual staff consisting of Registered Nurses, Midwives, Healthcare assistants, Mental Health assistants and Mental Health Nurses to work across ADHB to cover planned and unplanned leave.
We provide support where the acuity is high, expertise when needed or cover in areas where recruitment needs have yet to be met.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills:
- To be registered in NZ with a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) from the Nursing Council of NZ
- Minimum of 2 years of recent acute adult nursing experience in a hospital setting in NZ
- To be flexible and reliable
- Proficient in reading, writing, speaking English and at least intermediate level computer skills
- To be able to meet the physical demands of the role
- To be able to work across all services within Auckland DHB
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai |Auckland DHB.
At Auckland DHB, we encourage our staff to "aim high" and offer fantastic opportunities for professional development as well as other generous perks such as:
- APC reimbursement
- Orientation into all services within Auckland DHB
- 20 hours paid education per year which includes but not limited to conferences, seminars and on-site study days
- Free or subsidised gym memberships
- Discounts at national retailers
- Continuous career development pathways with support from our very own Nurse Educator
- Competitive hourly rate + 8% holiday pay
This is a casual position - on and when required basis with no fixed hours
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To show your interest, please submit an online application with your latest CV - due to mandatory statutory declaration, applications will not be accepted via email
For any general queries, please contact Candida Hall Recruitment Consultant via email on CandidaH@adhb.govt.nz
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Bureau|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|