Registered Nurse , Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)-Starship Child Health
Registered Nurses for Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Starship Child Health
– We have Permanent Fulltime vacancies available!
- Support the health and hauora of our tamariki and pēpi
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that values your input
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
We are Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Te Toka Tumai | Auckland City Hospital and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) within Starship Child Health is a national service for children requiring intensive care for longer than 24 hours and a regional service for all children requiring intensive care or high dependency care.
Located in Auckland, New Zealand, we are committed to delivering whānau-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whānau (family) as an important member of the care team.
The exciting PICU unit invites applications from Registered Nurses who have paediatrics experience to join the active team in providing premium paediatric care to the populations we serve!
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
Your support will ensure our whānau, families, and communities thrive; and are committed to achieving equitable outcomes for Māori Health and supporting the mana of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and progress health equity. In addition, you will have:
- be a registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council
- will bring your paediatric nursing background along with 2+ years of nursing experience in an acute setting
- have a focus on caring for the wellbeing of tamariki and whānau
- demonstrate well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for or want to develop your child health nursing skills
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly and fun team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- A structured process of performance evaluation
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
At Starship we keep tamariki | children, young people and whānau | families at the heart of what we do—leading with kindness, showing empathy and respect. If this role resonates with you, apply, and include a short paragraph outlining the difference or why you want to develop your child health nursing skills.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity ,accessibility or technical issues with the online process and for more information (including relocation details), or if you would like an initial chat before officially applying, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant on AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz, quoting ref #ADHBPICU1121 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Please note, the advertisement for PICU will be ongoing until the vacancies are filled.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Paediatrics|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|