Team Administrator - Te Pūriri o Te Ora | Cancer and Blood Genetic Service
- Work with New Zealand’s leading public hospital and make a difference to the health of Auckland
- Excellent opportunity to utilise and develop your administrative skills
- Permanent part time position - 0.8 FTE Flexible but must work Friday’s
- Central Auckland location
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Genetic Health Service NZ – Northern Hub is part of Te Pūriri o Te Ora Regional Cancer and Blood Service, based at Auckland City Hospital, is one of three Hubs of the national genetic service. The Northern Hub provides Genetic care for the region covering Tarawhiti to Northland.
This is your opportunity to use your superior organisational skills to help a busy team run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
As a Team Administrator, you will assist with a variety of tasks including:
- Support the administrative and clinical teams with all administrative tasks
- Database management
- Providing excellent customer service to patients
- Supplying necessary documentation
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks
From day one, you will be a valued member of a supportive team and we will provide a thorough orientation as well as on-going support and training to help you “do your life’s best work”.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role you will have -
- A passion for providing excellent customer care
- Fantastic communication skills
- A positive and pro-active attitude to work
- A high level of data entry and attention to detail
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite
Previous experience in clinic coordination and working within a medical department with knowledge of medical terminology would be very advantageous!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s National Health Service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland City Hospital is based in the heart of Auckland, voted as one of the best cities to live in the world! The city is set in a pristine marine-based environment with a temperate climate. It has a vibrant mixture of lifestyles and cultures and offers easy access to stunning and diverse scenery and a wonderful range of outdoor pursuits. With its beautiful countryside and dynamic metropolitan centres, New Zealand offers something for everyone.
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland. You will also enjoy:
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme
- A fast paced, unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as an administrative professional while working with a very friendly team.
- Continuous improvement and development opportunities
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Jade Cowley, Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can best support your application.
Kindly note that we require the applicant to possess valid working Visa/ NZ Residency or Citizenship for being successful in the role.
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|