Social Worker - Adult Community Services
- Our dynamic and highly skilled Adult Community Allied Health Social Work Team needs you!
- Permanent, part time (0.6 FTE) opportunity available
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Adult Community and Long-Term Conditions Directorate at Te Toka Tumai is in search of a Social Worker to join our team and share in the mahi. Our Social Workers work in multi-disciplinary locality teams and are committed to the holistic delivery of health services within the Te Toka Tumai community, providing integrated care for adult clients that is coordinated around the client and their needs.
Te Toka Tumai recognises and respects Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the special status of Māori as tangata whenua. We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We welcome applications from Social Workers with a broad range of practice experience and the following skills and attributes:
- You must be a NZ registered Social Worker with a full clean driver’s licence and a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC).
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience with experience working in the community desired (but not essential)
- Role models excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Is open to new challenges and experiences
- Is motivated and passionate to ensure the delivery of high-quality Social Work services
- Has experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Is passionate about working with Maori & Pacifica to ensure access to services, working collaboratively with client and their whanau to support outcomes
For more information about this role please contact Winnie Yuen, Allied Health Service Lead, Adult Community Services via firstname.lastname@example.org
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai.
Our commitment to you is to provide:
- A supportive collegial team
- Professional support and mentoring
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role. Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the role and to the competencies listed in the position description.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, or require information in an accessible format, please contact Nisha Karipoth, Recruitment Consultant via NKaripoth@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB17216 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Kindly note that the applicant should have the work rights in New Zealand as in a Work Visa / Residency or Citizenship.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Salary Range (Depending on experience): Step 1 $58 513 – Step 10 $89 701
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|