Senior Occupational Therapist (Permanent, Full-Time)
- Opportunity to join our Allied Health Occupational Therapist Intermediate Care team in a permanent, full-time role
- Join our supportive, multi-disciplinary team with strong professional support to enable you to optimise both your profession’s specific practice and a community health focus
- Visa and Relocation support on offer for suitable candidates
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced NZ Registered Senior Occupational Therapist to join our progressive service, which is committed to delivering care in a contemporary locality-based framework. This position is a permanent, full time role (1.0FTE 40 hours per week) This position is based at Greenlane Clinical Centre. Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide acute care to patients aged from 16yrs, presenting with a wide variety of conditions
- Intermediate Care includes R-CAT (Rapid Community Access Team) and Interim Care Beds in both community and private hospital settings
- Response time to referrals is within 24 hours and involves working with patients either transitioning from hospital to home or preventing admission to hospital
- Participate in a 7-day roster which offers the flexibility of days off during the week and extended long weekends
- Work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality and effective service
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
The team consists of Nurses and Allied health staff with our focus being to bridge the gap between hospital and home before long term services takeover.
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as an Occupational Therapist and current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 6+ years post-graduate clinical experience – beneficial to have Orthopaedics/Medical experience
- Clean, full New Zealand drivers’ licence
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence-based practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible, pro-active approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in further developing your skills in supervising and supporting more junior occupational therapists and engaging in service development and quality improvement activities.
- Have an understanding of current issues related to the delivery of community-based care
For more information about this role please contact Rosica Latchman (Charge Nurse Manager – Intermediate Care) on RosicaL@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range: Step 9 $87,192 to Step 12 $98,499 (Depending on experience)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
APPLY NOW!!! We are screening applications as they come in and may close this vacancy as soon as we have a pool of highly qualified suitable candidates.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Joshua Gounder - Recruitment Consultant at JoshuaGoun@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB17124 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|