Community Clinical Psychologist - Mental Health Services Older People
- Provide support to help older people experiencing serious mental health problems.
- Enable individuals to continue to live as independently and meaningfully as possible in the environment of their and their family’s choosing.
- Permanent, full-time role (40 hours per week), Monday to Friday, based in our Greenlane Clinic Centre.
- Salary is based on year’s experience, but ranges from $77,478 to $108,058 per annum.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
This role is based in the Community Mental Health Service for Older People. MHSOP provides support to help older people experiencing serious mental health problems reach their best possible function and wellness.
The service aims to enable individuals to continue to live as independently and meaningfully as possible in the environment of their and their family’s choosing.
MHSOP generally work with people aged 65 years and over. Whaiora of the service are people who have long-standing or late-onset mental health problems and/or people with dementia complicated by serious behaviour and or psychological symptoms.
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary team. For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- You will be a NZ Registered Clinical Psychologist with ideally over 2 years mental health experience. You will also need to have a currant APC.
- It is also desirable for you to have undertaken additional training in mental health and/or Older People’s Health.
- You will have strong clinical and risk assessment skills, excellent communication and be able to actively contribute to a supportive team environment.
- This is a community role, so you will need a current full drivers licence.
For more information about this role please contact Lee Peace, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland. For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Suzanne Morgan - Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com or 021 461 532 to discuss how we can best support your application.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|