Senior Pharmacist Renal, Transplant & Surgical Services, Auckland City Hospital
- New Zealand’s leading public hospital
- Transplant and Senior speciality based role
- Full-time fixed term position (backfilling a secondment through to June 2023)
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. We are also an Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ (Please visit Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa for more information if you will be needing a Work Visa)
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 120 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services.
We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust, respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated experienced Clinical Pharmacist to join our Clinical Pharmacy team working across our Liver and Renal Transplant, Renal Medicine, and Surgical services at Te Toka Tumai.
As an experienced Clinical Pharmacist, passionate about putting patients at the centre of everything you do, you’ll be in your element here with us. You can look forward to joining one of New Zealand’s leading renal medicine, dialysis and transplant centres – providing clinical pharmacy expertise to complex patients.
In this role you will be an integral part of the renal, liver and surgical teams and provide support and guidance in all aspects of medicines use in these specialties. It’s an innovative, professionally stimulating work environment where you’ll support the clinical review of medication charts, liaising with specialist clinicians to ensure appropriate, safe and cost effective delivery of medications to our patients.
We’re sure you’ll also relish the chance to get involved in the on-going development of the service through writing and review of protocols, prescriptions and guidelines; and education, training and supervision of pharmacists and the wider multidisciplinary team in order to facilitate good prescribing practice. There is the opportunity to further develop leadership skills by providing support to the Advanced Clinical Pharmacist – Surgical Services and Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist – Clinical Pharmacy Services.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will be an enthusiastic clinical pharmacist, committed to furthering yourself and your peers with the ability to role model the Te Toka Tumai values.
- Qualified with a B.Pharm degree with NZ registration or applicable NZ recognised qualification from overseas, postgraduate clinical qualifications are desirable.
- Registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate. Please only apply if you have current registration, or meet the criteria for registration. For internationally registered pharmacists, please see below.
- 3 to 5 years hospital pharmacy experience, with recent renal or surgical experience highly desirable.
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills are essential
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
- Excellent communication and time management skills are essential, as well as the ability to develop close working relationships
For more information, please contact the hiring manager, Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on email@example.com or 0210413017
Overseas registered pharmacists
- For Australian registered pharmacists, please visit: https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/pharmacy_registries/australian-registered-pharmacists/
- For pharmacists registered in UK, Ireland, Canada and USA, please visit: https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/pharmacy_registries/pharmacists-registered-in-canada-ireland-uk-usa/
- For pharmacists registered in other countries, please visit: https://pharmacycouncil.org.nz/pharmacy_registries/pharmacists-from-other-countries/
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please Aaron Chamberlain - Recruitment Consultant at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz to discuss how we can best support your application.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Pharmacist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|