Senior Pharmacist, Oncology and Haematology, ACH
- New Zealand’s leading oncology and haematology service
- Full-time fixed-term position (through to April 2023)
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with your skills and experience
Do you have a keen interest and want to explore the world of Cancer and Blood? Do you have experience in haematology/oncology and are looking a change of scene? If yes, then this is the position for you.
As a pharmacist, passionate about putting patients at the centre of everything you do, you’ll be in your element here with us. You can look forward to joining New Zealand’s leading oncology and haematology specialists and research nurses – providing clinical pharmacy expertise to complex oncology and haematology outpatients.
In this role you will become an integral part of the cancer care pharmacy team and provide support and guidance to our medical oncologists and haematologists in all aspects of drug use within these specialties. You’ll proficiently review chemotherapy prescriptions, and liaise with specialist clinicians to ensure appropriate, safe and cost effective delivery of chemotherapy to our patients. We’re sure you’ll also relish the chance to get involved in the development of protocols, prescriptions and guidelines, and the education and training of pharmacists and wider multidisciplinary team.
There are exciting changes and developments on the horizon in the Cancer and Blood service which the successful candidate can help play a part in and gain experience by providing input into service delivery and future proofing the service.
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 150 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services.
We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
You will be an enthusiastic clinical pharmacist, committed to furthering yourself and your peers with the ability to role model the Te Toka Tumai values.
- Qualified with a B.Pharm degree with NZ registration or applicable NZ recognised qualification from overseas, postgraduate clinical qualifications are desirable.
- Registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate
- Haematology and/or oncology experience highly desirable
- Quick to pick up new concepts and strong attention to detail
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills are essential
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
- Excellent communication and time management skills are essential, as well as the ability to develop close working relationships
We offer competitive remuneration commensurate with your skill, experience and qualifications, as per the Auckland Regional Allied/Public Health and Technical MECA.
For more information, please contact the hiring manager, Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on email@example.com or 021 0413017
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email Aaron Chamberlain, Recruitment Consultant at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz, quoting reference ID ADHB14647
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Pharmacist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|