- Great opportunity to develop your skills with training and support on offer
- Permanent, Full-Time role based at Greenlane Clinical Centre
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Clinical Transcriptionist to join our multidisciplinary team in a permanent, full-time (40 hours per week) role at Greenlane Clinical Centre. Our Clinical Transcription Service provides a centralised service to the clinical staff of Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
- Be involved in transcribing clinical letters and reports for various medical and surgical specialities within the hospital
- We offer further training and support to learn other medical or surgical specialities as is required by business operations
- We take pride in achieving a high standard in the quality of clinical documents transcribed while successfully meeting deadlines
View the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will be able to progress your career in a supportive working environment if you have:
- Transcribing/typing speed of 75wpm (preferred)
- 2+ years’ proven work experience transcribing/typing using a Dictaphone or similar dictation systems
- Good knowledge of medical terminology of at least 2 different medical or surgical specialities desired
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word skills
- The ability to work at a high standard and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible, pro-active approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland.
- Free Shuttle bus to Grafton Station and Greenlane from Auckland City Hospital (operating Mon-Fri)
- Salary Range: $59,627 - $68,340 (Depending on experience)
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: 28 February at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time)
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Belinda Peddie - Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com and quote ADHB14358 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
If we receive a high number of applications for this position, we may have to close our advertising early. We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
North Island - Auckland -
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Information Technology - Information Technology|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|