Starship Community Nurse,Starship Child Health (Fixed Term or Permanent Roles Available)
Community Nurses, Starship Child Health, Te Toka Tumai Auckland
- Unique environment with a great team
- No night duties
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
We are Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
Starship Community has been transformed to provide responsive community-based nursing care to infants, children, young people and families within the Auckland area.
We are able to provide home-based acute and long-term care for children recently discharged from hospital, those with medical or disability needs, alongside Paediatric and Public Health needs.
This includes complex nursing care for Well Child|Tamariki Ora infants and pre-schoolers; Nurse-led clinics within low-decile schools, support for high-decile schools; and population school-based immunisation programmes for Year 7 and 8 students as well as Rheumatic Fever prevention. Our service principles enable us to prioritise care for Maori, Pacific, Migrant and Refugee-background families.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Fixed term - fulltime and part time opportunities (with the possibility of going to permanent in the future) have come up for enthusiastic Community Nurses to join the dynamic nursing team. With the support of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be able to provide nursing care across our service specialties with the goal of eliminating health inequities.
Launching from an Acute Homecare Nursing context, you will experience nursing in the Hospital in the Home, school and community settings. Based in one of our three locality teams (Maungarei, Owairaka-Rangitoto-Orakei, Whau) working from the Greenlane Clinical Centre, you will become familiar with your Starship community through a supportive, comprehensive six week orientation.
Together with advancing your nursing practice in the community, opportunities for professional and career development are provided. Advanced clinical skills training, funded post-graduate education, leadership and contribution to the pursuit of clinical excellence within Starship, New Zealand and abroad, are opportunities which this role can offer.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
For further information about the position please contact jasmine Walton, Starship Community- Locality Lead via email on JasmineWal@adhb.govt.nz or call on 021 884 638.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As an ideal candidate, you will:
- Have at least 2 years of paediatrics nursing experience
- Be a New Zealand Registered Nurse with a current APC
- Hold a clean full driver’s license.
- Possess excellent team work skills with an ability to work autonomously in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrate well-developed nursing assessment and interpersonal skills, knowledge of health promotion strategies and commitment to on-going professional development.
- Acute homecare nursing
- Community experience
- Authorised vaccinator
- School health experience
- Post graduate nursing qualification in child health or similar
- Current clinical competence in relevant place of practice
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly and fun team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Financial recognition of senior nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB1121SCN to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Nga mihi, Thank you, for your interest in applying to join the team of Starship Community
North Island - Auckland -
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Community / District / Public Health|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|