Registered Nurse, Paediatric Operating Theatres, Starship Child Health
Theatre Nurses for our Paediatric Operating Rooms, Starship Child Health, Auckland DHB
Here is a great opportunity for experienced perioperative nurses to make a difference to our Tamariki and Whanau
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Full time and part time roles
- Fun, Friendly and professional perioperative team
Come be part of our Team!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Auckland DHB and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Auckland DHB is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
We are committed to delivering Whanau-centred care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whanau as an important member of the care team. We seek to lead New Zealand in paediatric service delivery, in the provision of pre and post graduate nursing education, and through the building or our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
Our Paediatric Operating Theatres at Starship Child Health provides Acute Emergency Trauma and Elective Surgical procedures in the paediatric specialties of General, Complex Neonatal, Thoracic, Urology, Endoscopy, Oncology, ORL, Head and Neck, Dental, Spinal, Orthopaedics, and Plastics.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for experienced perioperative Registered Nurses who have an interest in Paediatrics. We have Permanent full time or part time vacancies available in our paediatric operating theatres at Starship Children's Hospital.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
For further information about the position please contact the OR Manager, Ngaire Murray 0211951993 or email@example.com
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- be a registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council.
- Perioperative Nursing experience
- have a strong commitment to quality perioperative care
- be capable of working within a multi –disciplinary Theatre team.
- have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for paediatric perioperative nursing
- have a positive attitude, an innovative and adaptable approach to practice
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19. This position is a Core Children’s worker under the Children’s Act & requires a full safety check completed before employment starts.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly and fun team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- A structured process of performance evaluation
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB1121RNPT to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Operating Rooms / Theatres|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|