Registered Nurse - Starship Child Health, Blood and Cancer Centre
Registered Nurse - Blood and Cancer Centre, Starship Child Health
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Permanent, Full-time and part-time positions available!
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
Come be part of our Team!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
We are Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Te Toka Tumai, Auckland and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children.
Starship's Blood & Cancer Centre provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment and long term follow-up for children and adolescents with cancer and non-malignant haematological conditions. The service also provides a comprehensive Haemopoietic Stem Cell (Bone Marrow Transplant and CORD) Transplant service for New Zealand.
The acute component of the service involves initial diagnosis and management, treatment of complications of therapy and assessment during treatment. The chronic component includes long term follow-up of children and young people both for recurrence and late effects of therapy. Palliative care caters for the physical and psychological needs of dying children and their families.
The Paediatric Blood & Cancer Centre service also works alongside The Child Cancer Foundation, Canteen and Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand who provide support to children diagnosed with cancer and their families.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have opportunities for registered nurses with recent acute nursing experience, excellent communication skills and an overriding a passion for delivering high quality patient care to children and young people with a diagnosis of cancer.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
To know more about the role or to have a confidential initial discussion before applying please contact Amber Conley, Nurse Unit Manager- Paediatric Haematology/Oncology via email AConley@adhb.govt.nz or call on 021 533 592.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- be a registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council
- have a focus on caring for the wellbeing of tamariki and whānau
- demonstrate well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a passion for or want to develop your child health nursing skills
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, onsite fitness classes and access to healthy activities that support our hauora.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations .
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB1121CNB to discuss how we can best support your application.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Paediatrics|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|