PGY2 and PGY2 plus House Officers 2023-2024
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
- Permanent PGY2 House Officer positions for the 2023-2024 RMO year
- Successful applicants MUST be available to work in Wellington, Hutt and Wairarapa Hospitals.
- The Wellington Region RMO positions are across multiple hospitals, including Wellington Regional, Kenepuru, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa Hospitals.
- If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do their best to accommodate the run preferences stated within your cover letter.
- RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description.
- For the current salary bands, please refer to the current RDA or STONZ MECA's.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
our fellow 535 Resident Medical Officers employed by the 3 District Health
Boards of the Wellington Region (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa
DHB's) to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
- Home to
the NZ Government, Wellington is a vibrant place to live and work and has
repeatedly been voted as New Zealand's top lifestyle city. Wellington is considered
cultural and creative hub of the country and hosts numerous cultural events as
well as live theatre, music and festivals. We are renowned for our caf
culture, nightlife, fantastic restaurants, sparkling harbour, surf spots,
amazing views, outdoor activities and close proximity to vineyards ensuring you
are never short of activities to do outside of working hours. For more
information about living in Wellington, visit the Discover
will love working with us as you will have the opportunity to rotate across our
three Regional DHBs and includes the possibility of Rural attachments
without having to leave the region.
- As we
are a large employer and include a tertiary hospital, there are vast career
progression opportunities available due to the high number of Registrar
positions and wide range of specialities across the region. We also ensure that
formal and informal teaching sessions are available to all of our RMO's
allow and support opportunities for advancement with many of our House Officers
progressing to our competitive Registrar positions across the region.
offer weekly teaching sessions on diverse topics to support your on-going
- Our rotational agreement with Hutt Valley and Masterton will see you serve a diverse population and allow you to gain experience and exposure to a large variety of cases in other hospitals.
Moū ' About you
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who have
completed at least one full year of work and are therefore considered PGY2+, or
are due to complete PGY1 by the role commencement date.
- You must have eligibility for general or
provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website
at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/ or http://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/registration-self-assessment-tool/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. Click here for the Immigration NZ website.
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
- Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District
Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and
welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages,
ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is
diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and
serve our community.
- The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation,
with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability
- To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
- Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us.
- All references must be on the MCNC RP6 form if you an overseas graduate or a National RMO Reference form if NZ graduate.
- For further information on this role please email RMORecruitment@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
Clinical - House Officer -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|